Monday, March 9, 2009

Overheard at the Armory Show- NYC

got a VIP pass from Paul, so I could do some shameless eavesdropping in the lounge. I wasn't seated long before I caught this gem between a trio of fair goers. Two women and one man, they were Mexican, Spanish something Latin. And the man was very debonair. The women were tacky Latin. You know the type, overly blonde, pastel outfits and gaudy jewelry. He was clearly the star.

Mr. D. : Hola ladies, how are you enjoying the fair?

TL1: O (name I missed) I thought we might see you, bueno bueno... como este?

Mr. D. : I just got in from Mexico City yesterday. I went to Pulse and Volta yesterday.

TL2: And how was it?

Mr. D.: Not at good as Mexico. My son is there for the season, so i was down for three weeks, and I am going to the estate (yes he said estate) on the weekend.

TL1: I was wondering, so you don't stay in Mexico all winter.

Mr. D: No no just Julio, he hates the cold. So what do you think of the fair?

TL1: It's ok. You?

Mr. D.: um hum, nut I am glad to be back in the city. I am going to the townhouse this evening and then out to the estate on Saturday, well adios ladies.

No comments: